The Presbytery’s gathered community is rooted in Christ’s call to build His Church by being mutually accountable; and, respectfully engaging in theological discourse, faith practices and learning opportunities that empower presbyters and congregations to fulfill our vision.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Saturday, November 16, 2019
First Presbyterian Church of Annapolis – 9 AM – 3PM
Thursday, February 13, 2020
Catonsville Presbyterian Church – Time TBD
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Christ Memorial Presbyterian Church – Time TBD
The meetings of Presbytery are designed to provide opportunities for the community to worship and discuss issues together, as well as do the necessary Presbytery business. Commissioners will be asked to register their attendance at the registration table by signing next to the church they are representing. You will receive a name badge which entitles you to voice and vote during the meeting. Visitors are also asked to sign in and receive a guest tag. There will also be a table with additional handouts.
- When speaking at Presbytery, please use the microphone and speak to the Moderator not the assembly.
- Introduce yourself, by stating your name and your church or your position.
- The parliamentary authority is Robert’s Rule of Order or the Standing Rules of the Presbytery.
- Motions presented by commissions or committees do not require a second.
- Each speaker during debate has up to three minutes to address the issue to which they are speaking.
- The moderator will normally alternate between comments for and against the motion before the assembly.
- The maker of the motion or commission/committee presenter may make the final comment.
- Only enrolled commissioners (Ruling Elder Commissioners, Teaching Elders, Commissioned Ruling Elders and Ruling Elders serving on commissions) are authorized to vote. Corresponding members are entitled to address the Presbytery. Visitors may be invited by the moderator to address the Presbytery.
- Present any substantive motion (new, amendment, substitute) to the stated clerk in writing, at the time the motion is made.
- New business must be given to stated clerk prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Common Abbreviations and Acronyms
- BOP – Board of Pensions
- COM – Committee on Ministry
- CPM – Committee on Preparation for Ministry
- CTC – Commission for Thriving Congregations
- CR – Commission for Reconciliation
- CRE – Commissioned Ruling Elder
- GA – General Assembly
- HR – Honorably Retired (Teaching Elder)
- MG – Ministry Groups
- PCUSA – Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- PILP – Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program
- PMA – Presbyterian Mission Agency
- RE – Ruling Elder
- SLD – Commission on Spiritual Leader Development
- TE – Teaching Elder
Past Gathering Minutes
884th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
September 12, 2019 – St. John United Church, Columbia, Maryland
883rd Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
May 9, 2019 – Chestnut Grove Presbyterian Church, Phoenix, Maryland
882nd Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
February 14, 2019 – Northminster Presbyterian Church, Reisterstown, Maryland
881st Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
November 10, 2018 – Central Presbyterian Church, Towson, Maryland
880th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
September 13, 2018 – First Presbyterian Church Cumberland, Maryland
879th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
May 10, 2018 – First Presbyterian Church Westminster, Maryland
878th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
February 8, 2018 – Hunting Ride Presbyterian Church Baltimore, Maryland
877th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
November 11, 2017 – Harundale Presbyterian Church Glen Burnie, Maryland
876th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
September 14, 2017 – Knox Presbyterian Church Baltimore, Maryland
875th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
May 11, 2017 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Mt. Airy, Maryland
874th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore (pdf)
February 9, 2017 – Ark and Dove Presbyterian Church Odenton, Maryland