The Presbytery’s gathered community is rooted in Christ’s call to build His Church by being mutually accountable; and, respectfully engaging in theological discourse, faith practices and learning opportunities that empower presbyters and congregations to fulfill our vision.
All meetings will be available to attend virtually.
- March 9, 2023 Thursday – 898th Gathering 10:00 am – Online only
- May 11, 2023 Thursday – 899th Gathering 4:00 pm – Online only
- September 16, 2023 Saturday – 900th Gathering of Presbytery!
- November 9, 2023 Thursday
Parliamentary Rules and Guidelines for Presbytery Gatherings
NOTE: the following Guidelines are for both in-person and Zoom Gatherings.
The meetings of Presbytery are designed to provide opportunities for the community to worship and discuss issues together, as well as do the necessary Presbytery business. Commissioners and guests will be asked to register in advance through the presbytery website. At in-person meetings commissioners will receive a name badge which entitles you to voice and vote during the meeting. Commissioners at zoom meetings identify themselves as RE or TE in the name box. Visitors are welcome as observers.
- The docket for the meeting and all relevant meeting papers will be posted on the presbytery website approximately a week before the meeting.
- The parliamentary authority is Robert’s Rule of Order and the Standing Rules of the Presbytery.
- You must be recognized by the moderator before speaking and only one person may speak at a time. If you wish to be recognized raise your hand (in-person meetings) or use the raise hand feature (Zoom meetings)
- During meetings held on Zoom using the chat function directed at everyone is the equivalent of speaking out loud. Only those who have been recognized by the moderator may speak. Therefore, use of the chat function should be limited during business meetings and should NEVER be used to gain recognition, make a motion, argue a point or for any other purpose that is governed by the parliamentary rules. It is the moderator’s right to enforce this important protocol.
- When recognized, introduce yourself by stating your name, whether you are a teaching or ruling elder, and the name of your church.
- Motions presented by commissions or committees do not require a second.
- Each speaker during debate has up to three minutes to address the issue to which they are speaking. In general, each person may speak to a particular issue only once. The moderator will take care to make sure all those who wish to speak have an opportunity to do so before anyone is allowed to speak a second time.
- The moderator will normally alternate between comments for and against the motion before the assembly.
- Only enrolled commissioners (Ruling Elder Commissioners, Teaching Elders, Commissioned Ruling Elders and Ruling Elders serving on commissions) are authorized to vote. Corresponding members are entitled to address the Presbytery. Visitors may be invited by the moderator to address the Presbytery.
- Present any new substantive motion (a motion not published in the meeting papers) to the stated clerk in writing, at the time the motion is made. (During zoom meetings this may be done through the Chat function addressed to the stated clerk)
- New business must be given to stated clerk prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Common Abbreviations and Acronyms
BOP – Board of Pensions
COM – Committee on Ministry
CPM – Committee on Preparation for Ministry
CTC – Commission for Thriving Congregations
CR – Commission for Reconciliation
CRE – Commissioned Ruling Elder
GA – General Assembly
HR – Honorably Retired (Teaching Elder)
MG – Ministry Groups
PCUSA – Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
PILP – Presbyterian Investment and Loan Program
PMA – Presbyterian Mission Agency
RE – Ruling Elder
SLD – Commission on Spiritual Leader Development
TE – Teaching Elder
Archive of Gathering Minutes
896th Gathering Minutes
September 6, 2022 – Hybrid Meeting
895th Gathering Minutes
May 12, 2022 – Hybrid Meeting
894th Gathering Minutes
March 4, 2022 – Hybrid Meeting
Called Meeting Minutes
February 10, 2022 – Online Meeting
893rd Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
October 21, 2021 – Online Meeting
892nd Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
September 9, 2021 – Online Meeting
891st Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
May 13, 2021 – Online Meeting
890th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
March 11, 2021 – Online Meeting
889th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
November 14, 2020 – Online meeting
888th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
September 10, 2020 – Online meeting
887th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
May 14, 2020 – Online meeting
886th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
February 13, 2020 – Catonsville Presbyterian Church
885th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
November 16, 2019 – First Presbyterian Church of Annapolis
884th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
September 12, 2019 – St. John United Church, Columbia, Maryland
883rd Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
May 9, 2019 – Chestnut Grove Presbyterian Church, Phoenix, Maryland
882nd Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
February 14, 2019 – Northminster Presbyterian Church, Reisterstown, Maryland
881st Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
November 10, 2018 – Central Presbyterian Church, Towson, Maryland
880th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
September 13, 2018 – First Presbyterian Church Cumberland, Maryland
879th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
May 10, 2018 – First Presbyterian Church Westminster, Maryland
878th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
February 8, 2018 – Hunting Ride Presbyterian Church Baltimore, Maryland
877th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
November 11, 2017 – Harundale Presbyterian Church Glen Burnie, Maryland
876th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
September 14, 2017 – Knox Presbyterian Church Baltimore, Maryland
875th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
May 11, 2017 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Mt. Airy, Maryland
874th Gathering of the Presbytery of Baltimore
February 9, 2017 – Ark and Dove Presbyterian Church Odenton, Maryland