The town of Meneses is located in the province of Santa Clara in the middle of the country and has a population of about 11,000. The primary industries are agriculture and small factories. Most residents are poor and have limited transportation. Meneses has a large primary school, a secondary school and a pre‐university high school. Meneses Church has about 24 members with many more attending worship. The Session is active and leads much community outreach and pastoral care. The church was organized in 1926 and the current sanctuary was built in 2008.
Lay Pastor/ Clerk:
Mercedes (Mercy) Rodriquez Morales with oversight from Pastor Jesus Rodriguez
Founded October 13, 1926
24+ in worship
- Laundry project‐ assists community members
- Sewing project ‐ teaches women and girls how to sew
and knit and crochet
- Feeding Project ‐ feeds senior citizens twice a month
- Worship and Study ‐ weekly worship, Bible study in
homes, prayer meetings
- Children and Youth ‐ Christian Education,
- Home Visits to members and elderly in the community.
Faith Presbyterian Church (2009)