Paid Staff. An exempt, term position with the Office of the General Assembly (OGA), GA Meeting Service Department
Term: Approximately 6 months (concluding within 30 days following the General Assembly).
The Program Assistant provides administrative support for the COLA office and works closely with the Volunteer Committee and work groups to manage the volunteer database and support on-line volunteer registration and management.
Reports to: Executive Coordinator of COLA
- Work with the website/database designers and
Volunteer Committee to manage on-line volunteer registration, including but not
- Managing the database of volunteer tasks and shifts
- Managing the volunteer database
- Processing volunteer registration and sending confirmation letters or emails
- Producing volunteer reports for committees and work group
- Attend meetings of the Volunteer Committee and participate in planning for volunteer recruitment, management and hospitality; implement most administrative tasks related to this process.
- Work with the Volunteer Committee to design/produce training materials and procedures, attend and participate in volunteer training events.
- Prepare volunteer nametags and materials and assist with the organization of volunteer packets.
- Share administrative duties with the Executive Coordinator, including answering phones, preparing mass mailings, maintaining mailing lists, etc.
- Assist the Executive Coordinator in arranging for COLA meetings; attend COLA meetings as needed.
- Help set up the COLA office and volunteer check-in center at the convention center; work with Volunteer Committee members in on-site management of volunteers – check in, reassignments, daily reports, etc.
- Following the assembly, update the database and prepare a report.
- Help the executive coordinator compile the COLA report and close the COLA office.
Skills and Experience
- Strong computer skills, including basic office applications and computer databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Well-organized, professional and self-starter; able to work independently
- Capable of tracking and managing many details accurately
- Able to work well with people at all levels within an organization
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Carrie Finch-Burriss at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.