REGISTER TO ATTEND
Contest Rules and Application Below
Song, Dance, Prose, Dramatic Presentation, Painting, Drawing, Sculpting
Theme: How MLK’s life exhibited the principles of Mathew 25:
Dismantling structural racism, Eradicating systemic poverty.
- Spoken word must be recorded and submitted to the designated location by the entry deadline of January 8, 2023, at midnight.
- Contestants are encouraged to memorize their offering to maximize the quality of their presentation.
- Content of offerings must be the contestant’s original work, developed independently, with support, as needed, from responsible adults for very young contestants.
- Prizes will be awarded to 12 contestants:
a) First, second and third prizes will be awarded according to an average of three judges’ scores in each age group: 9-10, 11-13, 14-17, and 18 or older.
- Decisions by judges are final. Judges will:
- a) Attest to impartial consideration of each contestant.
- b) Adhere to the contest’s established criteria.
- Judging criteria:
- (1) Delivery (Elocution for oral presentations, clarity and relevance of description for non-oral presentations) — The ability of the audience to understand the visual message of the offering. If oral, this includes pronunciation, volume, audience engagement.
- (2) The Message — message is coherent and engaging. That is, the content is emotionally, intellectually, and culturally engaging, as well as relevant to the contest theme.
- Contestants agree to participate in a live streaming or in-person presentation of their offering, if selected, on January 15, 2023, during the B’More Human MLK program.
For more information, call (410) 566-2926