The Third Annual Celebration : January 17 at 1 pm
The In the Loop (ITL) Ministry Group continues its B’More Human Series and will present the winning entries for the 3rd Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Spoken Word Contest. This year, the contest theme is, “What is Owed – Reparations”. This year, we have extended participation to adults, with three prizes in each of four age groups: 9-10, 11-13, 14-17, and 18+
Participate with these four easy steps!
- “Report of the Task Force to Study Reparations,” 216th General Assembly, 2004.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, “The Case for Reparations,” The Atlantic, June 2014.
- Nibs Stroupe, “Understanding reparations: Making amends for wrongs is a spiritual issue,” Presbyterians Today, April 2020.
- Nikole Hannal-Jones, “What is Owed,” The New York Times Magazine, June 2020.
- Kelly Brown Douglas, “A Christian Call for Reparations,” Sojourners, July 2020.
- Leslie Scanlon, “Why the talk of reparations? Why now?,” The Presbyterian Outlook, October 2020.
- David Staniunas, “A Call for Reparations,” Presbyterian Historical Society Blog, February 2021.
4. Attend the In the Loop B’More Human Series’ 3rd Annual Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Spoken Word Contest and Celebration (January 17, 2022 at 1 pm.)
For questions, call 410-566-2926.