The Presbytery of Baltimore is privileged to receive funds from congregations whose ministries have closed either through the sale of church property or other situations whereby the Presbytery of Baltimore receives assets. The legacy of the faithful members of these congregations continues through the life and ministry of remaining congregations in the Presbytery.
Many churches in our Presbytery are seeking to transform themselves through the development of viable and vibrant ministries, yet some lack the current leadership or membership capacity to fully realize their goals. The Commission on Thriving Congregations is aware of the growing number of congregations where assessment, planning and grant assistance may make the difference between continued ministry and closing.
This application will be used for congregations applying for grants administered by the Commission on Thriving Congregations. The types of grants are:
- NEW : Technology Grant – Up to $250 for equipment or software to extend electronic outreach during COVID-19 pandemic
- Board of Pensions Grant – Assistance for pension dues to supplement part-time pastoral leadership (up to 3 years MAXIMUM)
- Program Grant – Assistance for congregational transformation and intentional evangelism through programmatic initiatives (up to $35,000.00/year)
- Capital Grant – Assistance for capital building costs/repairs related to a programmatic initiative. Capital Grants are only available for existing programs or projects. (up to $35,000.00/year)
- SLD Coaching Grant – Assistance for clergy coaching for (1) any clergy entering our presbytery to take a new call or for (2) clergy who are pastoring churches that have completed an assessment process and are implementing a new vision for their congregation (up to $1,500/year to be distributed at the discretion of the POB SLD Liaison)